Thursday, December 19, 2013

..Hong Kong getaway.. Part 2

Sasa shopping in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong island

Second part of my little getaway to Hong Kong!
Although I could only stay for 5 days, I really wanted to do the following:
  1. Hike the Hong Kong trail (see previous entry)
  2. Eat at my favourite sushi chain (see previous entry)
  3. Get cute gifts for Christmas
  4. Refill my make-up vanity
  5. Get inspiration for my next dress-up games and check the latest fashion trends

Cute gifts

Generally speaking, I find it hard to buy 'small presents' in France or UK other than food such as wine, chocolate boxes and tea. Anything else starts to be quite expensive when you want to offer brands or good quality gifts (scarfs, jewels, etc.)

In Japan and Pacific Asia on the contrary there are so many mascots and cute things. You can not lack inspiration!Lately my friends are really into LINE, the Asian version of Whatsapp with cute characters such as Cony the rabbit and Brown the bear.

So naturally when I found these...

LINE character plushies selling in La Foret (Causeway Bay, Hong Kong island)

La Foret shopping mall looks like an outlet with a lot of designer shops. Despite its name and unlike Sogo, the mall is specialized in Asian stuffs and has a lot of shops dedicated to Japan, Korea, etc. It's definitely a must-go when you visit Hong Kong!
How to go there:

Fashion trend watch

Unfortunately I didn't have time to try any regional brand, so I just wandered around. I felt totally in love with this shop in La Foret, called Sugarman. Yes I know the clothes are made for kids below 5 years old, but when I see them I feel like doing a chibi dress-up game with very colorful and hip-popish items (most people would probably think of having kids instead haha).

So cute and colorful

Sugarman shoes selling in La Foret (Causeway Bay, Hong Kong island)

Make-up hold-up

Last but not least, cosmetics hold-up at Sasa!! Sasa offers huge variety of beauty & health care products and can be found in numerous areas of the city, a bit like Boots in the UK and Sephora in France, except that you can find both Western and Asia brands there

I could easily stay a day in Sasa but I managed to buy everything in less than 1 hour!
  • Dolly Wink Black Mascara 02 Volume special set
  • Dolly Wink Eyelashes 10 Sweet Cat & 11 Pure Sweet
  • Dolly Wink Eyelash fix
  • B & C Browlash Ex Water Strong Liner (Deep Brown)
  • Narisup Long Lasting Eyebrow Powder (Dark Brown)
  • Angel Aqua Moisture CC Cream
  • 10 x random aburatorigami (oil blotting paper) - because I can't find any good brand in Europe!

I also managed to get a bunch of green tea products and Koala's March (Lotte) at a random Seven Eleven store. A colleague also gave me some snacks and face masks she brought back from Seoul.

Sasa hold-up in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong island

No comments:

Post a Comment